Sunday, March 29, 2009

Nixon Embroidered Vice Presidential Seal




My grandfather passed away not too long ago and left me an hand-embroidered Vice Presidential Seal of Richard Nixon. It is 16" in diameter, in mahogany and cherry wood circular frame, which is quite heavy and in mint condition, not a single scratch. The seal is in full color with ample details and gold thread. It comes with an authentic Richard Nixon VP business card with his signature on the back of the frame. The glass is special double pane with acid protection. - M
OWNER: Would like help on value of item and possibly sell. If you have information please click on "comment" or email us at appraisals@loriferber.com

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Looks like a nice piece, but I am a bit confused by it. Nixon was Vice president in 1953-1961, but this Vice Presidential seal appears to be the post 1974 variety. Perhaps it is more of a commemorative piece maybe sold at the Nixon library. I think I would have to research further on this one to determine price. Obviously, the souvenir pieces given out by the person/staff while in office are much preferred to later commemoratives. I would be interested in purchase, but I would need to do the additional research before an offer could be made. I have collected since 1972, but it is impossible to track all items made by presidential libraries and historical organizations. I can be reached my email at ron.puechner@att.net

    ReplyDelete