Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Herbert Hoover Letters




Submitted by Frances from Wisconsin. I've had a folder in my files from my grandfather, Edward Emil Sager, who was City Clerk in Appleton, Wisconsin in about the 1940's. My grandfather carried on all sorts of correspondence with politicians.

The folder includes two letters from Herbert Hoover. The first, typed one has Herbert Hoover letterhead, and is from Stanford University August 1945 in response to a letter my grandfather wrote, and sending speeches he requested (I have the speeches he sent). The hand-written letter is dated August 10, 1949 and is in response to a birthday greeting from my grandfather.




If you can help appraise these items or would like to make an offer to Frances, please hit the comment button or email us at appraisals@loriferber.com

No comments:

Post a Comment