Saturday, August 29, 2009

Ted Kennedy Unique Item




Submitted by Matt:


I have a model of th F-16XL delta wing airplane that was created by General Dynamics in 1980 for Senator Ted Kennedy. General Dynamics created models for each of the senators at that time as a sales piece to try and sell full scale production to the US Government. The model that I have was creates specifically for Sen. Ted Kennedy and has his name on the base as well as each side of the cockpit where the pilot's name goes. I understand that Ted Kennedy refused the model as he had no intention of supporting the purchase of the production plane. This model was given back to General Dynamics and has been passed through to me.



Matt would be interested in opinions on value and offers to purchase

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I do not know the actual value of this item, but I would offer $40 as I have a few other models that I have picked up over the years.

    Ron
    ron.puechner@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. No thank you. My son will hold on to it.

    MA

    ReplyDelete