Thursday, November 12, 2009

USS Sequoia Presidential Yacht


Submitted by George:

I have a double deck set of playing cards with box bearing not only the Presidential Seal but the Official Seal of the Presidential Yacht. They are a powder blue and dark blue set and from what I know were from the Nixon era of the Yacht. Can someone tell me what they are worth?


If you can provide information please click on the comment button or email us at appraisals@loriferber.com and we will be happy to pass the information on to George.

3 comments:

  1. I have a double deck set of playing cards with box bearing not only the Presidential Seal but the Official Seal of the Presidential Yacht. They are a powder blue and dark blue set and from what I know were from the Nixon era of the Yacht. Can someone tell me what they are worth?

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. George, I have the same deck. I can't seem to get an answer on how much they are worth. My dad got them back in the sixties when he was CWO in the Coast Guard. I have them now and would like to know how much they are worth. If you find out let me know.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards were first given out by J.F.K. himself aboard our Yacht, the Sequoia, which is now privately owned by our Yacht Group in Washington.

    The cards were also subsequently given out more fluently by Presidents Nixon and Ford. Unopened they are worth a lot more then opened. A fair value per double deck would be 300.00 per deck unopened and in original cellophane. Open, they are worth 50.00 to 100.00 per double deck depending upon condition. If you have Presidential provenance from a special cruise with JFK or any other President, the price easily doubles or triples.

    To have a value of about 300.00 , It is important that the seal be intact on the outer and inner packages of the double deck.

    Happy Collecting! timothy_besmer@yahoo.com

    Timothy Besmer, Sr.
    Exec. Vice President
    The Sequoia Presidential Yacht Group, LLC
    Washington, DC
    www.sequoiayacht.com

    ReplyDelete