Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Nixon Charm Bracelet


Submitted by Dan: I found besides mom's "Six Crises" souvenir of the Nixon gubernatorial campaign, I found this really kind of fun/cute charm bracelet that was, it seems, a campaign fave. It features a Republican elephant, five red/white/blue "shields" each with a letter "N" "I" "X" "O" "N" on them, then a blue outline of the state with "California" on it, all dangling from a wrist chain. I took a REALLY BAD photo (my camera won't focus close enough alas, and its not a huge item) and of course it is "junk" jewelry and there's no real gold or anything, but it is kind of unique in its detail for a probably-not-that-mass-produced campaign memory. I'm attaching the really BAD photo so you can see what I'm talking about.

If you can help Dan determine the value of this item please click on the comment button.

1 comment:

  1. We have one identical except with the State of Illinois. My wife was given this by Sen. Dirkson of Illinois at a Nixon ralley in Dirkson's home in the Spring of 1960. Don't know what it's worth.

    ReplyDelete